Saturday, 14 November 2015

Conscious Conception.....Lets make a September baby!


I'm a typical Pisces......A dreamer, I love to fantasise, or as my husband puts it "Live in the movies"

But Im sure every body has the same dream of the perfect way to make a child.....Its a huge commitment and life changing - so why the hell would you not try to make it special?! My husband laughed at me for wanting it all to be candlelit and have shmoozy music playing in the background. but hey - we were only going to do this once wernt we! Or were we??!

I always new I wanted a September baby......Oldest in school, more confidence, bigger than the other kids, find it easier to take everything in.....You hear all these things about how hard August babies have it - well I wasnt going to put my future baby through that!

So we knew that in order for me to get my September baby, we'd have to do the deed in December - so there was no trying before - just in case that August baby popped up. But who falls pregnant first try anyways?!!

So - Halloween 2014 we had a massive murder mystery dinner party at our house - this was the last time I knew I was going to party for a while. I wanted to detox you see, rid my body of anything that could stop my chances of conceiving.

I'd been tracking my ovulation calendar using Ovia which is an awesome App on your mobile, which I learnt so much from along my conception journey. With a months detox under my belt - I had all the things I needed to help me make my September baby.

For the whole month of November I cut out anything bad and stayed as healthy as I could - the December date was looming...... I also new that Kundalini Yoga would also play a huge part in my pregnancy journey and had been reading up about conscious conception with the help of my yoga teacher - the amazing Trish Whelan.

I flew to Ibiza, where Trish runs retreats from her gorgeous Casita - I then spent 4 days preparing my body consciously, mentally and physically for welcoming life into my body.

My stay with her in Ibiza deserves its own post so I will write about that tomorrow....




No comments:

Post a Comment