Sunday, 8 November 2015

Sit down......I've got something to tell you.....

I'm sat here in my kitchen at half past five on a Sunday afternoon, this time exactly 10 weeks ago, I was leaning over the chair that I am sitting on in labour, unknowingly 10 cms ( thats FULLY) dilated and trying to resist the urge to push.......

The last 10 weeks have been the biggest whirlwind of my life.

There is nothing and nobody who could have prepared me for what I was about to go through - as a human, a woman, a vessel, a healthy independent person.....

There are so many taboos around parenthood and expectations that I thought it was only fair that somebody take the time to dish the dirt, the gritty stuff that people forget about or feel unecesarry to tell you when really, this is the shit that you should be told - this is the stuff that you need to be ready for to stop yourself from staring down at that black void of depression that the Drs worry you will fall in to.

I'll keep it light hearted though as its the only way I know how. I will also write about the ups, downs, peaks and pits of pregnancy - because thats not always as rosey as people make out to be and that OK!!!!!

So buckle up and hope you find anything I write helpful.

See you on the other side Warrior Goddess Momma's!

Shakti Momma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment